VOLUNTEER Positions and Tasks
Winter Party in the Park
Event Date: 3rd Sunday of January, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Brantwood Park
- Put up posters in early January around Old Ottawa East and surrounding neighbourhoods. Staple gun and tape required. Posters provided.
- Be on the Setup Team, working together with other volunteers and staff on the day of the event to setup food and serving stations inside the fieldhouse, and to setup the outdoor firepit area and ice and snow games area. 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Heavy lifting may be required.
- Take photographs during the event, for forwarding to CAG after the event, for use in promotions including the CAG eUpdate and Facebook page and The Mainstreeter
- Be a Cook and Server, preparing and serving hot dogs with other volunteers, ensuring cookie trays and hot chocolate thermoses are stocked and accessible, and keeping the soup station tidy and equipped, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Be a Fire Pit Master, working with other volunteers and staff to safely start, maintain and put-out a fire pit in the snow, and cook and distribute roasted marshmallows to interested participants at the Firepit, or facilitating their roasting by participants as per participant preference and ability, 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Supplies provided
- Be on the Take-down Team, working with other volunteers and staff to take-down food stations and store equipment and supplies, and assist with site and fieldhouse clean-up, 4:0o - 4:30 p.m. Heavy lifting may be required.
- Be one of our Cookie Angels, baking and donating 1 dozen nut-free cookies and bringing them to the fieldhouse on the day of the event, by 12:30 p.m.
- Be our Hot Chocolate Angel, preparing thermoses of hot chocolate and bringing them to the fieldhouse on the day of the event, by 12:30 p.m. Thermoses and supplies provided
- Be a Soup Cook-off Contestant and win the Winter Party in the Park Soup Cook-off Competition!, preparing your favorite soup or chili recipe and bringing it to the fieldhouse on the day of the event, in a crock-pot or other container to keep it warm, by 1:00 p.m. And also bringing a serving ladel, and including a label with the name of the soup and list of ingredients. Soups must be peanut and nut-free. A gift certificate is awarded to the winner
For questions and more information, contract us at firstname.lastname@example.org