VOLUNTEER Positions and Tasks
Event date: 3rd Friday and Saturday of June, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., Springhurst Park and Main Strett
- Put up posters in early June around Old Ottawa East and surrounding neighbourhoods. Staple gun and tape required. Posters provided
- Put out sign boards and signage at predetermined location, the week before the event and collected them soon after. Car required
- Take photographs at the event, for forwarding to CAG after the event, for use in promotional material including the CAG eUpdate and Facebook page and in The Mainstreeter.
- Be part of the Transportation Team, assisting with pick up and transportation of items to-from the event locations, for Friday night and Saturday activities. Heavy lifting will be required.
- Be part of the Setup Team, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m., working with other volunteers and staff to set up booths and activity areas, and organize their equipment and supplies as identified, . Heavy lifting will be required.
- Be part of the Takedown Team, working with other volunteers and staff to take down booth and activities areas and store equipment and supplies, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Heavy lifting will be required.
- Be part of the Cook and Server Team, taking shifts cooking burgers and hots dogs on the BBQs, and serving them, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00, with setup and early cooking, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., and takedown 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Be part of the Recycling Team, bringing recycling bins to the Main Street event at 10:00 a.m. and taking them home (full!) at 4:00 p.m. Six recycling bins needed (three plastics, three paper).
- Be part of the Garbage Detail, working with other volunteers to help keep the site clean and tidy, and replace full garbage bags as required, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Be part of the Balloon Detail, working with other volunteers to inflate balloons using a helium tank and to put them up around the site, including decorative clusters made using CAG's (10 to 12) skates, between 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Be a Road Closure Supervisor, working in shifts with other volunteers, 10:00 - 2:00 p.m., to monitor the road at the barriers, and remove them to provide access for emergency vehicles or other event needs
- Be our Cake Angel, picking-up a cake at the identified location and bringing it to the event
- Be our Coffee Angel, preparing thermoses of coffee and delivering them on the day of the event at 8:30 a.m. Thermoses and supplies provided
- Be our Muffin Angel, baking 1 dozen nut-free muffins and dropping them off at the event, at 8:30 a.m.
For questions and more information, contract us at admin@OttawaEastCAG.ca