CAG values inclusiveness and diversity and to this end, offers program registration fee reduction for Old Ottawa East residents for whom cost might be a barrier to participation.
Apply for program registration fee assistance by completing the Financial Assistance Policy and Request Form and submitting it to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Old Town Hall Community Center. You must be a resident of Old Ottawa East to qualify. The form includes a list of streets included in the neighbourhood.
Policy and process
- Requests apply to one program at a time. Individual must submit new requests for each new program.
- Requests must be received at least two (2) prior to the program start-date, where the program is announced at least one month prior to the start-date, or as announced for programs with less than one month announcement period
- Request review and approval is first come-first served
- The maximum annual assistance is $150.00 per household, per year (September 1 to August 31)
- Approved requests can apply to one (1) person per household only for programs with less than 15 participants, and up to two (2) persons for programs with 15 participants or more
- Assistance rebates are up to 50% of the registration fee
- Rebates as above and other additional rebates that may be applied in consideration of special factors, are approved by the Executive Director based on operational ability
- Individuals requesting assistance for programs that have reached maximum participant levels at the time of receipt of the request by CAG, will be invited to be placed on the wait list
- Once approved, registration is completed with the Executive Director, by phone or in person at Old Town Hall Community Center. Approved applicants must complete registration prior to the start of the first session of the program